Restoring this Historic Landmark
Central Presbyterian Church stands at the heart of our city.
For more that 140 years, families in Cambridge have worshiped and celebrated in this historic building.
In response to a thorough engineering investigation, it is critical that we:
the slate roof
1Replace and upgrade the roofing system. Engineering studies show urgent repairs are required.
- Replace the old slate shingles on the roof
- Replace the slate shingles on the spire
- Replace copper panels on the spire
- Upgrade lightning protection, trim, eaves and chimney
2Prevent further damage and control moisture by repairing the exterior of our church.
- Repoint exterior masonry
- Replace entrance doors
- Replace School Hall windows
- Replace basement windows
- Repair exterior wall of north addition
- Replace windows on the north addition
3Water leaks and the passage of time have left our sanctuary and interior dated and damaged.
- Upgrade plumbing
- Replace the fire alarm system
- Upgrade the kitchen
- Repair sanctuary walls, ceilings, and stairwells
- Replace sanctuary carpet
- Repair and refinish sanctuary pews
We invite you to invest in our heritage, our present and our future.
$2.5 million over a 5-year period.
Every donation helps.
”With God, All THINGS are possible!”
Visit our Virtual Tour
For safety reasons, Roof Tile Management, our roofing contractor needs to close the entry door in the bell tower for approximately one month. On Sunday mornings, you will be able to access the church through the door by the river or the door into the sanctuary off...
Roof Tile Management, the company that is replacing our roof, has released some really cool drone footage of their work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXp59h0-W3g
Donate to Restore the Roof
Thank you for your support in restoring Central. Please complete the form below.