Slate & Stonework Restoration
Dec. 31, 2021
In the fourth quarter of 2021 the following work has been completed on our Restoration Project:
1. Slating of the spire.
2. Copper work for the top 2/3 of the bell tower and adjacent hip rolls.
3. Masonry work on the bell tower.
R.T.M. anticipates that in the next four weeks they will complete the following:
1. Remaining copperwork on bell tower.
2. Installation of lowest louvres in belfry.
3. Downspout installation to commence.
4. Scaffold dismantling to continue.
Once this work is completed, more than 90 % of the project will be finished.
Major unfinished aspects of the construction to be completed once the ground is no longer frozen are as follows:
1. Completion of the downspout installation.
2. Stone work on specific buttresses.
3. Stonework on specific areas of the eastern wall (river side).
4. Replacement of front concrete steps.
5. Replacement of the walkway to the 1950s addition.
6. Remediation of landscaping after RTM has removed equipment and storage spaces from the site.