February 5, 2023
Annual Congregational Meeting
Sunday February 12
- The Annual meeting will be held on Sunday February 12 immediately following the worship service.
- Everyone who attends Central and contributes to the life and work of the congregation is entitled to attend, ask questions, make comments and vote.
- The Annual Report is being sent out to everyone by email. A limited number of printed copies is also available for those without email.
Notes from February Session Meeting
- Mistissini Service Trip: Youth Ministry is once again planning a Service trip to Mistissini in Quebec from July 7-16.
- Bequest: We have gratefully received a bequest from the estate of longtime member, Alicia Bull. Leaving a legacy gift to the church is a wonderful way to remember Central and support the work of the church.
- Hymn Sing Cafes: There will be a hymn sing cafe on March 1, April 5 and May 3 from 2-4. We thank Kathy Rochester for leading the music for favourite songs and hymns.
- Doors Open Waterloo Region: After a three year hiatus due to Covid, Waterloo Region will once again be holding a Doors Open event on Saturday September 16. This has always been a very popular event at Central with hundreds of people touring the church that day and we are delighted to participate again.
- Wedding Week: The Downtown BIA is planning the first ever "Wedding Week" March 6-12 to highlight the facilities and services available for weddings in the downtown core. As a major venue for weddings, Central will be participating. A film crew will be at the church in the coming days to shoot some footage for a promotional video.