TO GOD BE THE GLORY
A tour of a 19th Century Gothic Revival Church
For over 130 years, Central Presbyterian Church has served Christ and the community of Cambridge and North Dumfries township
As our society evolved, styles of worship changed resulting in many updates and additions. Notable updates include a number of redesigns the pulpit choir loft area of the sanctuary, the addition of a gallery to increase seating from 600 to 1000 worshipers (1889), electric lights (1905), installation of the memorial chimes in (1905), the Casavant Frères organ (1928), the sunday school addition (1954), the Schimmel Concert Grand piano (2011).
Build from stone quarried along the Grand River, the cornerstone was laid 26 July, 1880 . The church was opened for worship 5 March, 1882.The photos on this page are © All-Tech Literature