Central Church (CPC) in Cambridge, Ontario seeks a full-time family pastor to help us have the greatest impact possible by using the two primary influences God designed to help us know Him better: church and family.
You will have the heart of a servant leader and will possess an imagination, a personal drive, a community focus, and a passion for the vision and mission of a family ministry that has a positive impact on our CPC community. You will, as a valued member of the church’s leadership team, strategically strengthen and equip families to raise their children with Christ-like love and in their relationship with Christ.
Accepting the responsibilities of working in collaboration with others, and embracing the CPC vision, our family pastor:
- Creates and implements strategies for advancing spiritual development and growth among families and individuals including children, students, college-age adults, parents and grandparents
- Has a proven track record of working in a setting committed to reaching out to the unchurched with a high degree of innovation, recruitment, and retention of new members and families
- Develops new meaningful initiatives while working alongside team leaders and our many volunteers to help CPC reach its goals and mission
- Has a solid understanding in daily operations of church work
- Has the ability to connect with people and develop authentic relationships
- Academic training and qualifications associated with this ministry
- Experience and skills in public speaking
- Proven capability in organization, creative thinking and problem solving
Central Church is a vibrant church on a mission to lead others into a growing relationship with Christ. Our ministry is to equip, encourage and support faith community. We want to see our faith community invest in people and invite them to share in the joy found at Central and in the Lord.
We strive to share faith that’s authentic and relevant to the real world. We create opportunities and environments for people to connect relationally with God and the community. Our focus is to help them grow spiritually, in a personal relationship with Christ, to serve strategically at Central and beyond.
We have a passion for serving our local and international communities through impactful mission and outreach, involving as many people as possible, and we strive to do more with the opportunities God is giving us for growing impactful ministry.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and covering letter to the Family Pastor Search Team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2017.